Folks, we at Structural Stupidists believe everyone should have the opportunity to have the engineering career without regard to race, sex, religion, or ethnicity. White males should be considered as well as long as all qualifications are considered equal for the job. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always happen. This is another example of an employment scam where people are taken advantage of. Let us discuss a firm that discriminates against white job applicants: Kal Krishnan Consulting Services.
For those who have never heard of this firm, they are a consulting firm that specializes in engineering design and construction management services. They are based out of Los Angeles with offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, New York, and Boston.
THE INCIDENT OF REVERSE DISCRIMINATION ON ONE WHITE MALE JOB APPLICANT
In July 2016, KKCS posted a structural engineer position on LinkedIn.
The Applicant applied for the position. It is note the Applicant was a white male. The Applicant was thrilled to receive a call from Brandi Cagnolatti of KKCS. The interview went pretty well where Brandi discussed the Applicant’s experience. The Applicant discussed his/her qualifications for the position such as designing BART’s new stations in San Jose. This person was a local candidate and has a California Structural Engineer License. This person did not get hired.
In case most people do not know this, Brandi Cagnolatti is black. We at Structural Stupidists have no issue with African Americans working in the engineering industry.
Later that week, Brandi told the Applicant that the position was filled with someone with much more experience. The Applicant could tell in the tone of her voice that she was not completely truthful. This candidate was in their 40s so we believe Brandi Cagnoatti violated California state law by discriminating against this worker.
A few weeks later, KKCS posted the job opening again! Brandi Cagnolatti lied to the Applicant. Someone else went on KKCS’s Facebook page and asked whether the Structural Engineer position is still open, this was the response:
Brandi Cagnolatti removed the posting for the position when someone mentioned the position was filled. This is completely ironic because Brandi Cagnolatti stated she was high-integrity person! That clearly shows that Brandi Cagnolatti of KKCS has major issues. We bet she lied to get her current job at KKCS. In fact, as we will explain, Brandi Cagnolatti has opened her employer up to lots of lawsuits. Oops!
THIS TYPE OF DISCRIMINATION IS ILLEGAL
The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that reverse discrimination is illegal. Let us state some of the cases where the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that it is illegal because it violates the 14th Amendment to the Constitution. This is ironic because Brandi’s ancestors fought for equal treatment under the law. Now she is not treating her candidates equally!
The following are some of the significant cases in this area. They are offered as a start to understanding the issues, and are not intended as a substitute for obtaining legal advice from DOI’s Solicitor’s Office or private counsel. These summaries are intended neither as a legal analysis regarding specific matters, nor as a complete review of the topic.
- McDonald v. Santa Fe Trail Transportation Co., 427 U.S. 273, 96 S.Ct. 2574 (1976). Two White employees and one Black employee were charged with stealing property from their employer. The two White employees were fired while the Black employee was retained. In the first big reverse discrimination case, the Court decided that Title VII is not limited to discrimination against minority persons, but includes discriminatory actions against majority persons as well.
- Middletown v. City of Flint, 92 F.3d 396. (6th Cir. 1996), cert. denied 117 S.Ct. 1552 (1997). Challenge by White police officers passed over for promotions because of voluntary affirmative action plan involving a 50% set aside of promotions to Sergeant for racial minorities. Court found plan to be an “unnecessarily drastic remedy.”
- Police Association of New Orleans v. City of New Orleans, 100 F.3d 1159 (5th Cir. 1996). City’s race conscious promotions violated Equal Protection Clause because they were not narrowly tailored.
- Hopwood v. Texas, 78 F.3d 932 (5th Cir. 1996), cert. denied, 518 U.S. 1033 (1996). Strikes down the race-conscious admissions program of the University of Texas Law School. The school used lower minimum criteria for African American and Mexican American candidates than for other candidates. The Court held that obtaining a racially diverse student body is not a compelling interest under the 14th Amendment.
- Harding v. Gray, 9 F.3d 150 (D.C. Cir. 1993). D.C. Circuit interpreted McDonnell Douglas (described in our “Civil Rights Cases” category in list at left) to require an additional showing for White plaintiffs in reverse discrimination cases over and above what would be required by minority plaintiffs. The court held that, because racial discrimination against White persons is so rare, in order to establish the necessary inference of discrimination, White plaintiffs must prove “background circumstances” that “support the suspicion that the defendant is that unusual employer who discriminates against the majority.” This can be done by showing that plaintiff was better qualified than the minority applicant whom the employer selected.
- Lucas v. Dole, 835 F.2d 532 (4th cir. 1987). The Fourth Circuit refused to adopt the D.C. Circuit’s “background circumstances” requirement and instead applied McDonnell Douglas test in the same way to White and Black plaintiff. White plaintiff satisfied her burden in this case where she showed that she was more qualified than the selected minority applicant, that the interviewing process was too subjective, that the minority applicant had received irregular acts of favoritism, and that other employees believed that race was a factor.
- Schafer v. Board of Public Education, 903 F.2d 243 (3d Cir. 1990). Reverse sexual discrimination case. The court held that male teacher stated a claim for discrimination where he was not allowed to take a year of paternity leave, while female teachers were allowed to take similar amount of maternity leave. Distinctions between men and women can be made with respect to physical disabilities related to pregnancy or the delivery of a child, but not with respect to child rearing.
BRANDI CAGNOLATTI IS A BIG TIME HYPOCRITE WHO NEEDS TO BE FIRED FROM KKCS ASAP
This woman is too busy excluding qualified white people from the position just like she did in that position she advertised. People have to wonder if she is doing this because she has a subconscious bias where her ancestors were screwed over by white people during the Civil War.
According to her LinkedIn profile:
“With a deep commitment to accuracy and high level of integrity, I have coordinated and administered socially impactful programs in fast-paced, detail-oriented environments to support public and private-sector organizations for the past 16 years. Organizations benefit from my effective communication style, strong problem-solving and computer skills, reporting capabilities, along with my proven abilities to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities and competing demands.”
Tell us, Brandi, how do you have integrity when you claim a position has been failed and then posted it on LinkedIn? The only reason Brandi does this is because she was caught redhanded discriminating against white males. We bet she thought no one would notice. Guess what, folks? We have emailed every co-worker and client her company works with. Brandi Cagnolatti needs to understand she represents KKCS. When she does things like deceive well-qualified job applicants, she is showing the whole world she is only at KKCS just to receive a paycheck. We can only imagine how her marriage is: not good because she would possibly deceive her husband. Her unethical actions have caught the attention of lots of people like David Duke!
We are calling on Dev and Kal Krishnan to address this issue because we believe this would be unfair to blame an entire organization for the ill will caused by this piece of crap named Brandi Cagnolatti. We know this is the reason KKCS cannot find talented people to work for We would like Kal and Dev Krishnan to consult this Applicant immediately before the Applicant uses this opportunity to alert all of KKCS’s clients about their unethical behavior.